During a Friday interview on Fox News’ “The Daily Briefing,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Dana Perino his agency was working as fast as it could to release and make public twice failed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s missing emails.
Clinton deleted more than 30,000 emails from her private server after she was asked to turn them over to investigators, claiming, “they were personal and private about matters that I believed were within the scope of my personal privacy.”
“We’ve got the emails, we’re getting them out. We’re gonna get all of this information out so the American people can see it,” Mike Pompeo said of Hillary’s Clinton emails, in which she used a private email server while she was secretary of state in the Obama administration.
“If you’ll remember, there was classified information on a private server, should have never been there. Hillary Clinton should have never done that. It was unacceptable behavior. It’s not the kind of thing leaders do; they don’t put that kind of information– you can see, whether it’s Russia or China or Iran, or the North Koreans, who want to get their hands on this kind of information,” he continued.
“Classified information needs to stay in the right places,” Pompeo explained. “Secretary Clinton, when she was here at the state department, did not do that.”
Dana Perino asked Pompeo: “The president has the authority to declassify anything he wants, all authority is to him. Could he declassify it and order it released if he wanted to and he ordered?” Continued Below
“Absolutely. We’re going to get there. We’re going to get this information out so the American people can see it,” Pompeo replied.
Pompeo also assured that President Trump would not do anything to “put any kind of asset or any kind of our officers in harms way”, adding, “We’ll get the information out that needs out. We’ll do it in a way that protects the intelligence sources that we need to protect.”
Asked if it will happen before the election, the secretary of state told Perino, “We’re doing it as fast as we can. I certainly think there’ll be more to see before the election.” Video Below
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s official remarks:
— TV News HQ (@TVNewsHQ) October 9, 2020
From Fox News:
Last month, Fox News reported that Durham had assumed aspects of U.S. Attorney John Huber’s investigation into the Clinton Foundation. A source familiar with Durham’s investigation told Fox News last month that parts of what Huber was investigating in 2017 — involving the Clinton Foundation — have been incorporated in Durham’s investigation.
In November 2017, then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions directed Huber, the U.S. attorney for Utah, and other senior prosecutors to evaluate “certain issues” involving the sale of Uranium One, and other dealings related to the Clinton Foundation. Sessions tapped Huber after requests by congressional Republicans, who had been calling for the appointment of a special counsel to review the matters.
Huber was also tasked with reviewing the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email probe, including allegations that the Justice Department and FBI “policies or procedures” were not followed.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s full interview with Dana Perino: